Ruby Tuesday
You Can't Always Get What You Want
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You (with Justin Timberlake)
--- Introductions
The Nearness Of You (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Sympathy For The Devil
Rock Me Baby (with Angus and Malcolm Young from AC/DC)
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

SHIDOOBEEans in attendance---206
Tom - Toronto Tom
Kathleen - Duchess -
Jim - StonesJim -
Rebecca - MIckChickxxx
Jeff -
Larry Omphallos72
Sharon - STonesFanInTo-
matt - Mattman + 5
DAVE - StraycatDAve
LIsa - LMILLER914 + 1
Rick - urmedicine
ED - The sharp E
Chris - Stoneman
- Stonesmax
Doug - Tera
Jim U
Jen X
rocksff72 STeve
ruby 213 Linda
JOsh + DAD Stonzy78
Lary/CArole Honkeytonkwomen
Ken - DetroitKen
- jondupee
Ron - RonFromHalifax
Gary - stonedinjersey
PAT -
LIsa Col - LISA
JIM - FIJI JIM + 1
Kevin - Reno7274 + 1
Debbie - Tiger + 4
Jeanette
Marcy Backstreetgirl +1
diana ddeebabe
DAve buckeyedave
Fenway Joe + friends
Tornandfrayed75==
TomArtStones---+3
deb
STeve/LIllian - (NOt sure handle) -
Tom - Tommygun1022
Stephanie - Rainbowgirl
Teresa - MoonGoddess
VirginDale
taz22 +4
mrstaz
deckoo 7---
Darryl - ?
Al - Toronto Al
Andrew - MainSTExile
Frank - Jag74 -
Gary/Lynn -
Cantstoprocking
Tim - Concert Fan + 5 -
Isabel -akissaway
TomL and Nankerphedge(
MikeMSU
Exileon2ndstreet-----+1
Shatteredon2ndStreet----+1
Brillowe------
jfmiii-----+2
debs and lori
19nervousbreakdowns
sbstones----+1
Durtysox
Boosabops +3
Busch1 +2
JivingSF
MemoFT
sundevil
MizzU
fizgig
Glimmerdebr
VirginiainExile +1
Manofwealthandtaset-----+2
eharms325 +3
stones2002 +1
DBEXYZ
DBE's Doug
Stonesgin
Ron091
kmrc4ever
TampaBayStone-----+1
40Licksdame
expensivewinette
sunshinedebbie
keithrules---------+7
SBStones---------+1
gayinnyafaginla----+5
PittsburghJoe
rhettro
gonnatakeyoudown
jrlicks
stonesfan1971v2----+1
nancy----+_1
chitown23 +1
MyNameIsCalledDisturbance
swillb----+2
LuxuryinToronto
Stonesroll69
Juggernaut
BonStones
Jaggerette
Angieswinter-----+1
solesurvivor12-----+1
cybertico------+3
ice50720
Bullitt2002
Qzmodo
Keefusriffshard
ron091 +1
SBTStones +2
Stonesgirl1962----+1
BLUE TO GREY
NickJagger2000
Deb
NicJagger
KingBee
Airoff------+3

Reviews

From LuxuryinToronto
Wow, what a day! Once we arrived at the site we moved as close to the stage as possible. We're to the right of the main sound tower. Seeing pictures of the site puts the magnitude of the concert into perspective. When I first saw the newspaper this morning all I could think was "I was in the middle of that?" I even made a few new friends in the crowd. You'd be surprised how much you can get to know someone standing/sitting next to each other all day. I met a girl who was from Serbia and was in Toronto for the very time. She was a little shocked as to the amount of people there but I did notice her grooving to the Stones while they were on so the good vibes must have been spreading.

That's to everyone who came to Toronto and partied with us. I had a great time meeting all the Shidoobee's and enjoying their company. As well, thanks to all for making this a rememberable experience, one that I will most definately remember for the rest of my days.

Long live the Rolling Stones
-----------------------------------------------------------
Lousy view, porta-potties: The life of a Stones VIP

By JORDAN HEATH-RAWLINGS
Monday, July 28, 2003 - Page A1

When dignitaries from around the world take in Wednesday's Rolling Stones concert from the Canada International Pavilion, they will not lounge in plush easy chairs while watching the commoners jockey for positions in front of the stage.

They likely will be sitting on a blanket, on the grass, at the front of their tent, craning their necks to catch glimpses of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and the rest of the lads. That is, if they are watching at all.

Toronto-Danforth MP and concert organizer Dennis Mills has other plans in store for them, plans which don't necessarily have anything to do with the music.

"The purpose of the pavilion is to make sure that we interact with each other for the advancement of Canada," he said. "It's not about watching the Stones or anybody else."

More than 3,000 dignitaries, politicians from three levels of government, ambassadors, event sponsors and business leaders from across North America will be ferried by a green-and-white, open-air trolley known as the Metro Toronto Zoomobile, from Downsview Park headquarters to the 4,090-square-metre (44,000-square foot) pavilion directly to the left of the stage.

The purpose is not to impress them with a rock 'n' roll extravaganza but to talk about the business of Canada.

And as for any other business?

"They'll be using the porta-potties, just like everyone else," said Jo-Ann McArthur, president of Molson Sports and Entertainment, who is organizing the enormous event.

Any assumptions are incorrect that the tent will be tailored to provide all the comforts of home to guests such as the premiers from the four Western provinces, who will serve grilled Canadian beef during an event called Barbecue Without Borders.

Also using the tent but not enjoying any luxurious extras typical of VIP areas will be U.S. Ambassador to Canada Paul Cellucci, federal NDP Leader Jack Layton, federal Conservative Leader Peter Mackay and federal Liberal leader-in-waiting Paul Martin, Ms. McArthur said.

She said the tent that houses the pavilion is being erected directly to the left of the main stage and will provide an inferior viewpoint to those of the general-admission tickets that will allow concert-goers to jockey for positions and sightlines.

"[The tent] won't be blocking anyone's view," she said. "It's not even much of a view from there. In fact, if you're a rock 'n' roll fan, it's the worst seat in the house."

That is exactly how Mr. Mills wants it. He wants the people in the pavilion to work toward the end he is gathering them to discuss -- ending Canada's various woes.

"I hate VIP status," Mr. Mills said. "The only objective here is to create an environment where all of those people who made it possible have an opportunity to meet each other, interact with our international guests and, hopefully, do business for Canada."

The plan is to provide no special hospitality to the guests, Ms. McArthur said. Even the tickets will have been purchased at full price by the guests or the concert officials who invited them.

"It'll be cash and carry," she said. "There are no freebies. They'll eat the same hamburgers, the same hot dogs, the same beer, everything. A general-admissions concert is a great equalizer."

The less money the concert spends on taking care of special guests, the more will be left for the health-care workers devastated by SARS, she said. "Remember, it's a general-admissions concert, and it's a concert for charity. We want everyone to pay, and we don't feel that we should have 'VIPs' so that we spend money taking care of them and less money goes to the health-care workers."

Although there will be chairs in the pavilion, Mr. Mills said they will not be within view of the stage, the idea being to ensure that the invited guests focus on talking business.

"There's no seating in relation to the show on the stage. It's a set up for discussion opportunities. That's why we have a limited amount of seating, and it's in the back end of the place."

Although hundreds of invitations have been sent to politicians across Canada and the United States, it is not known how many will attend.

Mr. Mills said he has received confirmations from Industry Minister Allan Rock, Transport Minister David Collenette, Defence Minister John McCallum and Finance Minister John Manley. As well, he has confirmed through the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade the attendance of embassy officials of nearly 50 countries.

Mr. Mills said Prime Minister Jean Chrtien has yet to miss a major event organized by him, but Mr. Chrtien has said he will not attend because of work in his Quebec riding of Shawinigan.

Invitations have also been sent to those who worked toward putting the concert together, and they have invited people who they feel will help them improve business.

"We want them, everyone who has worked on this, to have some quality time to talk to [visiting business leaders and politicians] about all our challenges, from tourism to beef to whatever their issue happens to be," Mr. Mills said.

Downsview Park officials have extended invitations to local business owners, to repay them for their patience in organizing the event, as well as World Youth Day 2002, which was held on the same spot last summer.

One noted honour-roll guest, Mr. Mills said, will be Garrit De Boer, owner of the Idomo store that was inundated with sewage when the sewer clogged after World Youth Day.

"He, above anyone, had the most shock to his system last year, and he wrote the very first letter to me in support of this project. If I have to carry Garrit De Boer on my back to get him into the pavilion, I will do it."

It is hoped that the atmosphere of the pavilion will be similar to that of a summit of business and government leaders searching for solutions to the city's woes.

"That dynamic is something we're hoping we can achieve in this pavilion. Essentially it's a room of enhanced leadership," Mr. Mills said.

"It's a unique event. They'll remember the interaction.

"You take somebody to lunch at the Harbour 60, and they won't remember it. But they'll never forget when they met you at the Rolling Stones concert."

On the list

Some of the politicians that organizer Dennis Mills, a Toronto MP, expects to see in the VIP tent:

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance John Manley;

Liberal MP Paul Martin;

Health Minister Allan Rock;

Defence Minister John McCallum;

Liberal MP Art Eggleton;

Liberal MP Carolyn Bennett;

Tory Leader Peter Mackay;

Tory MP Scott Brison;

NDP Leader Jack Layton;

U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci;

Ontario Premier Ernie Eves;

Alberta Premier Ralph Klein;

Manitoba Premier Gary Doer;

Sask. Premier Lorne Calvert;

Toronto City Councillor Kyle Rae.
------------------------------------------------------------From the Toronto Star

Failing sight driving fan on pilgrimage to concert

CHRISTOPHER HUTSUL
STAFF REPORTER

On Wednesday, Scott Visser will see the Rolling Stones for the first and last time.

He'd been meaning to see Mick and the boys his whole life, but he just never got around to it.

They were always a town away. Their paths never crossed. He always figured he'd catch them on the next tour.

But now, the 46-year-old Texan has all the incentive in the world to make the trek to Toronto to see the band that had eluded him for so long.

Because in a matter of months, Scott Visser will be blind.

He found out in January, that the "floaters" obstructing his vision were caused by fluid in the back of his eye.

Turns out his retinas are slowly detaching from the blood vessels that make them work.

"I've got two years before I just have to, kind of, go into darkness," he said. "There's nothing they can do about it."

When it happens, Visser will lose his job as an engineer of instructional technology at an Austin company.

But he has bigger concerns.

Like absorbing as much of the visual world as he can while his eyes still work.

Clouds moving over the plains.

A field of flowers.

An eight-lane freeway.

And the greatest rock and roll band on the planet.

"When I heard about the show, I jumped on it," he said. "That was the only thing I thought. Schedule it and go."

Visser bought the ticket, arranged the flight, and called a friend in Toronto to ask if he could shack up for a while.

"I thought, I've missed them for 35 years, I've tried to catch them six times, so this time it was drop everything and go," he said.

Visser will leave his wife and three children behind for the pilgrimage.

Not that he wouldn't want to have them along for the journey, it's just that Visser knows full well that this could be his last solo adventure.

A year from now, he probably won't be so independent.

"This is a journey I'm making on my own," Visser said. "It's a self-fulfillment thing."

For a man that's been granted two full years to dwell on the loss of his eyesight, Visser's determinedly positive.

"I'm not in control of it," he said. "You can't worry about things you can't control."

If you look at it in the bigger picture, we're all just here for a ride. And it was a gift we were given to be here in the first place."

In his deep, smooth voice, Visser talked about how impending blindness has served to truly open his eyes, if only for a brief while.

Needless to say, he's been looking at things differently, albeit blurrily, since he met with his doctor in January.

"It changes how you see things," he said. "Even the most basic things seem to have more to it. You learn how to look at things for what they are."

"I notice a lot of things I've never noticed before ... I notice how people put black electrical tape over VCR flashing 12:00 because they're tired of trying to figure out how to set the time."

Visser flew into town yesterday. He decided to use the concert as an excuse to take a two-week vacation. Apparently, he's had a soft spot for Toronto from a distance for some time.

He says the people he's met from Toronto have had the same "trueness of heart" as his Austin friends. And tonight, he's got tickets to see Joe Cocker at Massey Hall.

"I've done my research on the web and the venue looks just wild."

But there's another spot that's high on Visser's to-do list.

For obvious reasons, he's keen to visit Healey's bar on Bathurst St. Jeff Healey, of course, is a celebrated Canadian bluesman who also happens to be blind.

"Here's somebody who's already blind who can pull off an art ..." he said "You know, there's a little something special for me there."

But as most attending Wednesday spectacle would agree, Visser says it's all about the Rolling Stones.

"I'll be able to say I saw the Stones. And the key word there is `saw.'" Because a year and a half from now, it will be all about sound for Scott Visser.

"When one sense fades, the others will have to take over," he said. "Dude, I'll crank up the albums I've got."

"All the feelings, emotions, passions and all the other things that I experienced because of sight, I will learn to compensate for them in other ways."

As for the concert, Visser is crossing his fingers that the band plays his favourite song.

"Paint It Black," he said. "It fits in with the story, doesn't it?"
------------------------------------------------------------